Forward in the water…How far shall I go today?
Forward in to the Water I go…
Forward Up the mountain as far as I can go…
Forward down the road and on to new discoveries…
Forward down the River…
Forward down the Mountain…
Forward up the mountain…
Forward through Winter and on to Spring then summer….I am so looking forward to the warm sunshine….
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Forward (mytropicalhome.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Forward (myjourneywithdepression.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Forward (thepanamaadventure.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Forward (diaryofdennis.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Forward! (diamondmikewatson.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Forward (belgradestreets.com)
- WordPress Weekly Photo Challenge: Forward (travelspirit333.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Forward … Horizons and Horses (shakespearesgal2.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Can You Keep Looking Forward (photographworks.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Forward (pilotfishblog.com)
With this storm, first came the wind then lots of heavy rain and now we are getting snow. Its been a very wild day up here in Northern California.
- Northern California Braces For Third Big Storm (sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com)
- Northern California braces for more rain, flooding (cnsnews.com)
- Updates on the Early December Rain Storms Around Northern California (calemanews.wordpress.com)
- N. California Towns Brace for Storm, Flooding (abcnews.go.com)
- Flood Warnings in Effect as Next Wave of Storms Hits Northern California (kron4.com)
- N. California towns brace for storm, flooding – Houston Chronicle (chron.com)
- Deadly storms pound California; rain expected beyond weekend (latimesblogs.latimes.com)
- Storms To Soak Northern California; Flood Watch Already Issued (sacramento.cbslocal.com)
The salmon run is the time when salmon, which have migrated from the ocean, swim to the upper reaches of rivers where they spawn on gravel beds. After spawning, most Pacific salmon and Atlantic salmon die, and the salmon life cycle starts over again. The annual run can be a major event for grizzly bears, bald eagles and sport fishermen.
Salmon spend their early life in rivers, and then swim out to sea where they live their adult lives and gain most of their body mass. When they have matured, they return to the rivers to spawn. Usually they return with uncanny precision to the natal river where they were born, and even to the very spawning ground of their birth. It is thought that, when they are in the ocean, they use magnetoception to locate the general position of their natal river, and once close to the river, that they use their sense of smell to home in on the river entrance and even their natal spawning ground.
In northwest America, salmon is a keystone species, which means the impact they have on other life is greater than would be expected in relation to their biomass. The death of the salmon has important consequences, since it means significant nutrients in their carcasses, rich in nitrogen, sulfur, carbon and phosphorus, are transferred from the ocean to terrestrial wildlife such as bears and riparian woodlands adjacent to the rivers. This has knock-on effects not only for the next generation of salmon, but to every species living in the riparian zones the salmon reach. The nutrients can also be washed downstream into estuaries where they accumulate and provide further support for estuarine breeding birds.
This gallery contains 6 photos.
I Just love the morning sunshine that shines through the Fall leaves.
I get so Happy when I see nature’s little critters out and about and I am able to photograph one of them. I have tried all summer to get a picture of one of these little bunnies and I finally got one. They are so unbelievably cute!
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Happy (hereandthere5.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Happy (jinancitydailyphoto.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Happy (beijingcityphoto.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Happy (smkelly8.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Happy (thepetalpusher.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Happy (carramedia.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Happy (swozy.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Happy (mothergrogan.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Happy (mikehardisty.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Happy (tayineurope.wordpress.com)
- Travel Theme: Foliage (autumninbruges.wordpress.com)
- Travel Theme: Foliage – Bamboo on Fuchsia (ronmayhewphotography.wordpress.com)
- Travel Theme: Foliage. (greatgreths.wordpress.com)
- Travel Theme: Foliage (vivianesview.wordpress.com)
- Travel Theme: Foliage (rfljenksy.wordpress.com)
- Fall Foliage & A Warm Welcome As The American Queen Paddles The Mississippi River (avidcruiser.com)
- Travel Theme: Foliage (anaturemom.com)
- Travel Theme: Foliage (ahecticlife.wordpress.com)